The Onondaga REDHAWKS’ Organization believes in teaching and providing our young lacrosse players with the best we offer about the game of lacrosse. Many of our players that have participated and excelled in our program have went on to play collegiate and professional lacrosse.
Dey-hon’tshi’gwiehs (Lacrosse) is a gift from the Creator and should be played with respect, intensity, and dignity.
Code of Conduct:
- I will play by by the rules of the game.
- I will control my temper. Fighting and mouthing off spoils the game for everyone.
- I will respect my teammates and oppenets because without them, there would be no game.
- I will do my best to be a true team player.
- I will remember that winning isn’t everything that having fun, improving skills, making friends, and doing my best are also impoprtant.
- I will acknowledge all good plays and performances of everyone.
- I will remember that coaches and officials are there to help. I will accecpt their decisions and treat them with respect.
Teams by Age
Peanuts – Ages 4-6
Tykes – Ages 7-8
Novice – Ages 9-10
Pee Wee – Ages 11-12
Bantam – Ages 13-14
Midget – Ages 15-16
Intermediate – Ages 17-19
The Onondaga Minor Association is proud to be a part of North American Minor Lacrosse Association (NAMLA) – which is the league of the Haudenosaunee communities of Allegany, Oneida, Newtown, Tonawanda, and Tuscarora. The league for players aged 4-20.